Zen Robots Workshop
Thank you for joining Omega Movement's workplace wellbeing workshop. If you enjoyed it please complete our survey here.
Below are some links for videos of the exercises that we shared with you and the research links should you find it helpful.
Calm the Body-Mind
Gentle movements to soothe the nervous system & help reset the breath.
Remember the 6 second breath - a practice to slow the breath down.
We mentioned the OPPOSITIONS work and this is from the practice of yoga nidra. Try this when you have 30 minutes to rest.
Join left & right brain
Standing movement of coordinating the left & right sides of the brain & body. Standing balances & figure of 8 on feet.
Meditation on left & right sides of the body & brain.
Remember the power of a gratitude list - write 5 items per day.
faster conscious response
Seated movement to improve alertness & concentration.
Standing movement to increase alertness & focus.
Remember the power of visualisations for instant calm & the cuteness of baby animals.
Research Links from Workshop
- Counting blessings research study
- Harvard Health recommendations
- Berkeley University - How gratitude changes your brain
- Our blog post on how to find a gratitude practice when challenged
- Find pleasure in the small daily tasks by connecting them to the larger picture. Here are out tips on how to do this
- Several studies on visualisation improving performance are here.
- Visualising something that makes you happy or feel lots of love switches quickly.
- Why visualising puppies helps us so much
- Studies by Dan Siegel ‘name to tame’ out aloud statement of emotion when looking at image calmed the participant's nervous system.
- Mindfulness Project research articles
- Harvard Business Review consider many mindfulness practices at work support better business practices.
positive stress research
Prof Kelly McGonigal’s research that stress can be positive. This has an impact on the interrelations of bodily systems which means that with conscious awareness we can change the system and re-train ourselves to a calmer state.
Psychoneuroimmunology (nervous system)
Left - Right Brain Connection
- Balance is important for ageing.
- Cross-linking impacts social behaviour and improves relationships.
Want to discover more?
We offer services that support our clients when at home, travelling (online) and on holiday with our retreats.