Breakfast Oat Cookies
My acupuncturist told me no more cold smoothies in winter - "not seasonal!" I began having porridge but my boyfriend finds it plan & is bad for his diabetes to add syrups. With bananas going brown & a bag of porridge oats I experimented with baking them together. Voila! Simple 2 step process just remember to set a timer for the oven!
Time : 25 mins
With over 400%* manganese from oats, bananas & cinnamon these cookies will help keep the dizziness & nausea away. The 100% magnesium from the oats & cacao will help keep insomnia at bay combined with the 20-75% of B-complex vitamins found in all the ingredients but especially the oats & bananas. Plus over 50% iron helps keep away the fatigue feeling. If you add in dried fruits it increases the magnesium & vitamin E to support fighting the insomnia.
*Recommended Daily Intake
Serves 2 cookies (1 person for breakfast)
- 1 x banana
- 1/2 cup x porridge oats
- 1 tsp x ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp x vanilla extract
- 1 tsp x cacao nibs
- 2 tsp x apricot, roughly chopped
You can change the dried fruits & remove the cacao nibs if you prefer, but the first 4 ingredients are key to simple cookies.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Place grease-proof paper on baking tray and line with butter.
- Place all ingredients in a deep bowl & mash banana into ingredients until blended well.
- Halve mash & spread onto baking sheet, flattening out into cookie shapes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Peel off sheet & enjoy hot! Perfect complement to coffee!