Mexican Egg & Bean Breakfast
One morning working from home I craved Mexican breakfast & created this yumminess! You can omit the chorizo if you want a vegetarian dish. Starting your day with this dish is a great brain booster!
Time : 15 minutes
Over 300%* vitamin C & 250% omega 3s (peppers & kidney beans) with over 100% magnesium (cumin) & 84% of B-6 (in most ingredients but mostly chorizo) are great for addressing those moods - depression & anxiety. Good levels of the B-6, 50% B-12, magnesium, over 30% vitamin D & vitamin E with magnesium are great start to the day to help you deal with sleep issues. High iron in the cumin & the beans helps fight fatigue for the day whilst your memory & concentration get aid from the B-2, magnesium & omega 3s found in the canola oil and eggs. The bonus B-complex vitamins help give your brain energy, fight off those dizzy spells & the light sensitivity from the kidney beans & chilli powder. This breakfast beats away most of your symptoms at the outset of your day!
*Percentages are of Recommended Daily Allowance
Serves 2 (big or 4 small)
- 1 x red pepper, diced
- 1 x onion, diced
- 6 x cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400 g can, red kidney beans in chilli tomato sauce
- 3 x chorizo links, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp x chilli powder
- 1 tsp x dried oregano
- 1 tsp x cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp x smoked paprika
- 4 x eggs
- 1 tbsp x canola oil
- 100 g x smoked cheddar cheese, grated
- Bagel/ muffin /tortilla per person
- Fry onions for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add spices & fry for 1 minute.
- Add chorizo, pepper, tomatoes & fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add red kidney beans with sauce & mix in. Leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs - either fry or scramble into the bean mix until cooked.
- While the eggs cook, toast the bagel or muffin, or heat tortilla in the grill.
- Grate cheese over the heated bagel/muffin/tortilla.
- Remove bean mix from the heat & pour over the cheese. Place eggs on top of bean mix (unless scrambled). If a tortilla - place all in the middle & roll up like burritos.