Tuna & Sweetcorn Burgers
It's been quite sunny & thinking about burgers on the BBQ has begun!
Time : 15 minutes
Although not the most healthy recipe on this blog, the 35%* magnesium and 80% B-12 with 15% B-6 makes this dish an aid to insomnia with a contribution to helping your emotional swings and memory problems. The niacin (B-3) at 70% also helps you relax & fall asleep more quickly, plus it eases migraines.
* Percentages are of your Recommended Daily Amount
85 g x wholemeal bread, torn into pieces 200 g tin x sweetcorn, drained 2 x 185 g tins tuna in water, drained well 25 g x cheddar, grated 3 x spring onions, finely chopped 1 x egg, beaten 2 tbsp x vegetable oil 4 x whole grain bread rolls
Optional - salsa, mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, harissa for burger sauce
- Whizz the bread in a food processor to crumbs, tip into a bowl, then whizz half the sweetcorn until finely chopped.
- Add the chopped corn, remaining whole corn, tuna, cheese, spring onions and some seasoning into the bowl with the bread and mix well.
- Add the egg, bit by bit (you may not need it all), until the mixture is sticky enough to shape into four even-size burgers.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, then cook the burgers for 5 mins on each side until golden and hot through the middle.
- Stuff into wholemeal buns with your favourite lettuce and a good dollop of salsa.