Sweet Potato & Chickpea Tacos
Everyone I cook this dish for loves it! It freezes really well if you make extra & then defrost it for 12 hours before re-heating it on the hob for 10 minutes.
Time : 30 minutes
With roughly 100%* of vitamin C & manganese, and 60% B-6 this dish really helps with dizziness. With 40% magnesium, some turmeric, 10% B-12 & 30% vitamin B-2 it will aid your memory, but also these levels of nutrients will also aid insomnia, emotional issues and a bit of fatigue.
* Percentages are of your Recommended Daily Amount
300 g x sweet potatoes, cubed 400 g tin x chopped tomatoes 400 g tin x chickpeas (pre-cooked) 1/2 tsp x chilli flakes 2 tbsp x curry paste* (buy pre-made or make your own with recipe below) 100 g x spinach (frozen or fresh) 6 x tacos
Topping either: 2 tbsp x plain yoghurt 50 g x mature cheddar, grated
- Heat oven to 180°C. Meanwhile, over medium heat, boil sweet potatoes for 10-12 minutes & drain.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add curry paste, tomatoes, chickpeas & chilli flakes together & cook for 5 minutes.
- Add drained sweet potatoes to saucepan with tomato mix.
- Add spinach & let it wilt (approx. 3 minutes).
- While spinach wilts (or melts if frozen), place tacos in the hot oven & cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve as separate components for each person to stuff tacos with filling & add preferred topping.
Grind or blend the following together: 1 x garlic clove 1 tsp x curry powder 1 x bay leaf 1/2 tsp x fennel seeds 1 tsp x coriander (ground or seeds) 1 tsp x cumin (ground or seeds) 1/2 tsp x turmeric 1 tbsp x tomato puree 1 tbsp x ghee
You can keep the curry paste in a fridge for up to a week.