Kale, Eggs & Beans
This one can make a healthy breakfast, but you don't have to.
Time : 12-15 minutes
This dish has over 200%* vitamin C, and manganese, plus 100% of your magnesium and almost 70% B-6 making this dish great for helping co-ordination & dizziness, emotional issues and insomnia. The 21% vitamin D in the eggs & 12% vitamin E in dried chillies will go towards reducing fatigue, whilst the barlotti beans provide 25% B-1 and 90% folate that support your B-12 and nerve function in the brain, increasing effectiveness of B-12 in your diet.
* Percentages are of your Recommended Daily Amount
100 g x kale, cut up without spines
1 x onion, diced
2 x garlic cloves, diced
2 x eggs
1/2 tin x barlotti beans, pre-cooked and drained
1 cup x vegetable stock
1 tsp x paprika 1/2 tsp x fennel seeds 1/2 tsp x dried chillies
- In deep-frying pan over medium heat, cook onion & garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add paprika, fennel seeds & dried chillies and leave to cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add half the kale to the frying pan & let it wilt (approx. 2 mins). Add other half of kale & leave to wilt.
- Add barlotti beans and vegetable stock to pan, & leave to cook for 6 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Make little indents in the cooked kale & break eggs into these gaps. Leave to cook the eggs (approx. 2 mins).
- Serve and enjoy!