Tofu, Tomato, Flower Sprout Rice Salad
Flower sprouts are not commonly found, but are a cross between broccoli and kale - so a dream super brain food! They taste a little nutty and look like flowered sprouts of mini kale bunches. If you can't get flower sprouts you can substitute with kale.
Time : 30 minutes (if cooking rice)
Over 100%* B-6, vitamin C and manganese means that this salad rocks co-ordination and depression & anxiety. The solid 40% omega 3s, 50% magnesium and other B vitamins help insomnia, memory, fatigue and confusion.
*Percentages are of your Daily Recommended Allowance
200 g x flower sprouts (200 g kale as alternative)
50 g x silken tofu, cubed
2 x tomatoes, chopped into cubes
1/3 cup x basmati rice
1 tbsp x sunflower seeds
1 tbsp x pumpkin seeds
Piri piri lemon sauce:
1/2 x red onion, chopped finely
2 cloves x garlic, minced
1 x bird's-eye chilli (remove stalks)
1 tbsp x sweet smoked paprika
1 x lemon, juice
2 tbsp x white wine vinegar
1 tbsp x Worcestershire sauce
- In boiling water, boil the rice for 20 minutes or until soft depending on the packet.
- Meanwhile, steam flower sprouts/ kale for 5 minutes and drain.
- Mix all piri piri sauce ingredients into blender & whizz until smooth. If you don't have a blender you can cheat with a pre-made piri piri lemon sauce.
- Combine tomatoes, tofu, flower sprouts/ kale, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds & rice in a bowl.
- Mix in piri piri lemon sauce.