Salmon & Kale Quinoa Salad
My next packed lunch this week was another salad. It's a bit more pricey because of the salmon, but I reckon it can survive tinned salmon as a cost saver.
Time : 25-30 minutes
This ticks every symptom box thanks to lots of super brain foods. It has well over 100%* vitamins B-6, B-12, A, C, D and manganese plus almost 100% magnesium, 60% omega 3s, and 30% B-2, plus Q-10 and iron helping with every symptom listed - insomnia, emotional, headaches, confusion, memory, concentration, fatigue, light sensitivity, co-ordination and dizziness. A must salad for challenging days!
*Percentages are of your Recommended Daily Allowance
Serves 4 (or 2 big lunches)
200 g x kale, chopped & big spines removed 3 x cloves garlic, crushed 1 x can artichoke hearts 1 x salmon fillet, cubed (tinned or sheets work fine) 1 cup x dried quinoa (or pre-cooked) 2 cups x water 1/2 cup x parmesan, large shreds 1 tbsp x olive oil 2 tbsp x pine nuts, toasted Salt & pepper to season
1/3 cup x white wine vinegar 3 tbsp x olive oil 2 tsp x honey
- If un-prepared quinoa....Heat water in pan until boiling, then add quinoa to boil for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat & leave for 10 minutes to allow quinoa to absorb all the water.
- Meanwhile, toast pine nuts in deep-frying pan on dry heat until golden colour & fragrant (4 mins).
- Leave pine nuts on plate and re-use the deep-frying pan to heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat for 2 mins then add garlic & leave to warm until fragrant (2 mins).
- Add kale to garlic & stir in. Leave it to wilt in pan (2 mins). Keep turning the leaves to make sure that they all wilt.
- Turn off heat under frying pan & add artichokes, fish, pine nuts, parmesan & quinoa (when ready). Season with salt & pepper.
- Make dressing - add honey, vinegar & oil into a jar and shake/stir if no lid until combined. Pour over salad & mix together.